Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Forwarding

RegNatarajan
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hello, 

I travel a lot and would like to be able to forward my Fido phone when I'm overseas.  The usual keystrokes generally won't work when I'm roaming.  Is there a way to call a number or log in to a site and forward my Fido phone when I'm not on the Fido network?

Thanks in advance,

Reg

2 REPLIES 2

FidoPamela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi guys! 

I know it's been a while but I just wanted to add a bit to this thread. 

It's good to know that unconditional Call Forwarding (all calls) won’t be charged roaming because the call is forwarded before it reaches your phone.

Conditional Call Forwarding is billed regular roaming charges. Since you’re not roaming on our network, we can’t predict the type of charge you’ll get as this depends on how the carrier you’re roaming on has set up this feature on their network (e.g. even if you have Fido Roam, you might get charged pay-per-use airtime and long-distance fees etc.).

Hope that helps! 

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi RegNatarajan! Smiley

Call forwarding must be set up directly from your phone. It is however still possible to set it up even when you are no longer on the Fido network. Depending on which phone you have, you can even set it up in the phone settings!

You should also take note of the following:

• Long distance charges apply if you forward your calls to a number outside your local calling area.
  • Unless calls are forwarded to your Fido Voice Messaging service, Call Forward minutes are always charged at a pay per use rate unless you have a Call Forwarding add-on. They never deduct from the minutes included in your monthly plan.
  • Calls can only be forwarded to a Canadian or an American (country code "1") phone number.

Finally, if you're out of the country with your Fido phone and are forwarding your calls, you would incur roaming charges.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers!