Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral bonus NOT credit! Tired of following up

SidheshK
I'm a participant level 3

Dear Fido team,

I had referred a friend on 26th of May 2023 to which he had immediately responded on the same day and signed up for a new Fido number. I was promised that the referral bonus of $50 for each of us will be credited within 3 billing cycles. 

It has now passed the 4th billing cycles and I have been writing to the Fido team since the past one month (18 emails back and forth). However, Fido DOES NOT care and all I receive is a standard reply saying "thank you for writing, we are looking into it/ escalating it". 

I have provided information for myself as  well as for my friend's (who was referred) several times and yet nothing has budged.

Extremely frustrated that I selected Fido and more so over, asked my friend to select it too, who could have rather gone with another Carier and wouldve gotten a better newcomer offer plus a referral offer.

This needs to get resolved NOW.

Me and my friend are almost on the verge of switching to another carier due to this pathetic experience and customer service.

Requesting your help!

4 REPLIES 4

SidheshK

What a hopeless forum is this where there are no replies provided to any customer complaints.

The Fido customer service is PATHETIC. I have been after the team for over a month to credit my referral bonus and all I have received is automatic replies. 

Hello @SidheshK,

Resorting to name-calling would not get you any help.

The Fido community forum is meant for customers to help each other and not a method of customer service, if you are already in talks with Fido in regards to the referral you just need to be patient and wait for them to look into it.

The majority of the time when the referral does not work is due to customers not reading the process of the program and completing it as intended for it to work. in the meantime, while you wait for Fido to look into your case I would suggest you go over the program details you can get that information here.

SidheshK

My bad for name calling. 

I have read the terms and conditions in detail and have also received an email from Fido confirming that the referral was successful. Sadly, I still have not received a response via email or call. Again, my misunderstanding that this forum is monitored by Fido and they would help with a response. 

This incident, although unimportant, truly shows how much Fido is concerned about it's customers. Their approach is that if you delay it long enough, people will lose their will to fight for it. Sadly, not in my case. I have gone ahead and registered a complaint with CCTS and will be pursuing this. Cannot wait to switch to a better network even if I have to pay extra.

Hi there @SidheshK  

Sorry to hear you haven't received your referral discount yet. The discount is automated, so there must be some reason why it wasn't applied. I'll send you a PM so we can investigate. Please respond at your earliest convenience.