cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quebec pricing

pinkie
I'm a contributor level 1

Is it possible to get quebec pricing if you are in the service area of the competitor and am able to get a cell phone with them?  Some parts of Ottawa can get service from the competitor, and my area just hapopens to be one of them.  Please get back to me, thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

FidoRachel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey pinkie,

To be eligible for a Quebec plan, you need to have a Quebec address and phone number. 

pinkie

So what you are suggesting is when they compete with your quebec plan, I should leave fido at that point?  450 daytime mins and 600 megs for 39.00 is good, but 35 for unlimited and 1 gig is better.  I also question what retention can offer me, as I have been a client for 2.5 years.  If someone can contact me on that I would appreciate it, thanks

zyx
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

@pinkie wrote:

So what you are suggesting is when they compete with your quebec plan, I should leave fido at that point?  450 daytime mins and 600 megs for 39.00 is good, but 35 for unlimited and 1 gig is better.  I also question what retention can offer me, as I have been a client for 2.5 years.  If someone can contact me on that I would appreciate it, thanks

By the way, that plan ($35 for 1GB) was valid until yesterday at Fido. Koodo's page says it valid until today, so better hurry. And while I haven't called them, I suspect they have the same requirement (address and phone number in Québec).

pinkie

Its comical cause I just saw the advertisement for the promotion yesterday and got all excited, had to watch the commercial a few times, and then I saw its only available in Quebec.  I was so disappointed, but to me, they should honor a plan if someone is in the same area as the competitor, the only reason they offer the deals is because there is a 4th main competitor in quebec and a few other provinces

zyx
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

I don't disagree with you, but you either have to draw an arbitrary line at some point, or just have the same plans for everybody from coast to coast.

If Ottawa can get a plan because it's next to Gatineau, then someone just outside of Ottawa should also get the plan that's available a 100 meters away. Same for the next client another 100 meters away, etc.

By the way, Saskatchewan has a 5GB plan for $48/month...

pinkie

The arbitrary line should be if the competing company can offer you service or not.  and their website will tell fidos customer service reps if they can or not.  THey do not offer service to all of Ottawa

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

@zyx wrote:

I don't disagree with you, but you either have to draw an arbitrary line at some point, or just have the same plans for everybody from coast to coast.

If Ottawa can get a plan because it's next to Gatineau, then someone just outside of Ottawa should also get the plan that's available a 100 meters away. Same for the next client another 100 meters away, etc.

By the way, Saskatchewan has a 5GB plan for $48/month...

Very much agree. It feels like most of us are being penalized for not living where there is a major competitor to the Big 3 and that's a shame. With 3 large carriers nationwide, it shouldn't require a 4th independent carrier in the region to get them to compete on price. They should be competing in all areas, not just where there are indy carriers.