Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Data (3G, LTE)through your account credentials

Gak
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

I am fido user for over 5years. I am happy with being fido network. But I always exceeds my data usage on my phone which costs me atleast 10bucks at the end of the monthly bill.One day i was so need of data and my phone was completely dead and all i have is my friends phone with no data service and there are opens centers(shaw open), no wifi centers. At that moment i was encountered with this possible idea. What if Fido have feature like user to login with respective account details(Phone number and password) on any device,which allows user to use data service. Data usage is detected are charged on user account. I dont know how shaw open works but i thought this idea worth impelemeting. Before going forward on this idea, I would like to know is there any feature on fido service like accessing Data on any device through user account credentials.

Let me know if there is one. Are else my idea should be patented(Just saying)..HAHA:smileyvery-happy:

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Gak!

Awesome idea. We don't offer anything like that right now but I'll make sure that your comments reach the right people. Smiley

In the meantime, as an alternative, if your friend also has a Fido phone that takes the same size SIM card you're using, you can insert your SIM card into their phone to use the data from your plan on their phone. 

Hope this helps!

AdamBeast
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

It is great idea Gak, it is like a "soft" sim. 

I think this is nice to have, but there is great security risk. 

What if you lost your user name and password?

What if they are hacked? 

What if you forgot your password? 

I think for most people, a sim card is more secure and easier to change. 

May one one day, when every phone has a fingerprint scanner like iphone5s/6, this may be more pratical if we can just bind the number with your fingerprint :). 

Gak

Thanks for your reply. I am looking forward for new ways to access data with respective user details.