cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promises, promises

rvdkogel
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I joined Fido about 2 weeks ago and was promised that I would not be charged the service fees for the 2 lines and that the second line would get a $5 discount for 24 months.

Guess what, my first bill has both service fees on it and no discount is applied to the second line. When I asked Customer Service: " I'm sorry, we should have told you that you do have to pay it but will get it back after the second or third bill." 

I offered to pay the actual bill without the fees and with the discount in place and have Fido sort it out internally. But after being transferred to the Credit Department, the only answer was "we can't help you but you better pay the complete bill or we might suspend your account".

I'm not in the business of lending money to mobile service providers for 3 months, maybe it's time to try another service provider

1 REPLY 1

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @rvdkogel,

We're really sad to read that your experience wasn't a positive one and I assure you that we'd hate to see you go because of it! 

I truly understand where you're coming from, however, as with any promotions, the offers may have eligibility criteria or terms and conditions that apply. A lot of our promotions are applied on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd invoice after they are offered. I entirely agree that this should've been mentioned, and I apologize if it wasn't the case. I really wish there was something we could do, but we would have to wait for the promotions to be added to your account within the expected delays. 

Rest assured that all the promotions that you were promised and are eligible for will be applied to your account though.

If you still have concerns about your account, don't hesitate to reach out or we can also send you a PM here on the community.