cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid text quota not refilling on My Account?

ibbileyta
I'm a participant level 3

Hello! I've recently switched to the Prepaid $10 Talk and Text plan.

Just wanted to clarify how this works - $10.75 monthly fee was deducted from my balance a couple of days ago.

I waited a couple of days for the Usage Summary to update.

The Talk is at 50 (minus 1 used) minutes remaining. All good.

However, the Text still shows 0 remaining / 50 used. 

I thought both were supposed to replenish together whenever the new monthly fee is deducted? 

If not, how does the plan work?

Thanks for any clarification!

7 REPLIES 7

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @ibbileyta

Both your minutes and your plan should reset at the same time, so this seems like a display glitch.  Are you able to send text messages right now?

Keep us posted Smiley

ibbileyta

Thanks for the reply!

I haven't tested yet to see whether sending a text will make a deduction from the account, but good to know it's probably a display glitch. Right now, the display is unchanged at 0 texts remaining - I will check My Account again the next time I send a text Smiley

Awesome!  Let us know how it goes!

ibbileyta

Ok, I sent a couple of texts today. They don't appear to have been charged against my balance, so the quota must have refilled behind the scenes. However, the display still has not updated and still says 0 texts remaining. Just something for the community/Fido to be aware of - thanks for the responses!

Thanks for the update @ibbileyta

Could you please confirm if it's the same on both fido.ca and on the app? 

ibbileyta

It's the same on fido.ca as accessed through mobile and desktop browsers. I don't have the Fido app - the website says it is not available to prepaid customers?

Hey @ibbileyta

You're right, the app is not available for prepaid customers.  Sorry about that!

Have you tried clearing your cache and deleting your cookies on your internet browser.  It should help with that.

Keep us posted Smiley