cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre authorized credit card didn't go through

Wazzup
I'm a participant level 1

Set up a pre-authorize the credit card for my first bill payment date due December 23rd. It never went through so finally today(28th) I manually entered the card again to pay it now and it went through. how come the preauthorized credit card Option said the card was fine but payment was never taken

3 REPLIES 3

Frau-k-aus-ka

Hey there, thanks for your help. I've got the same problem. So I won't get an admission if I already agreed to pre-authorization payment some days before the first billing cycle ends?

To stay with your example. If the billing cycle ends on the 23/12 and I agreed to pre-authorization payment on the 20/12 I will be charged for two billing cycles on the 23/01 . ??

Hey @Frau-k-aus-ka and thanks for reaching out Smiley

The Pre-authorized payment on your credit card is always taken 14 days after your billing cycle.

So in this example, if your billing cycle is December 23rd and you  agreed to the automatic payments on the 20th, then your next payment will automatically be taken on January 6th.

If you agreed for the automatic payments after your billing cycle, the automatic payment would have been taken on the following payment date in February.

Whatever the balance on the account would be taken on the payment date. 

Let me know if this clarifies Smiley

FidoCatherine
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi there @Wazzup

Thanks for reaching out to the Fido Community.

Great question too! Smiley

When you register to pre-authorized payments, it actually always takes 1 full billing cycle to go through, before it kicks-in! *Those delays can be pretty standard, in terms of pre-authorize payment delays in similar industries. 

That means that if, for example, you register on December 20th and your billing cycle is on the 23rd, it'll only kick-in for the January 23rd bill. If you already paid the amount though, it shouldn't go through twice Smiley 

Hope this helped! Let me know if you need anything else.