cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post-dated phone number change?

jsgf
I'm a participant level 2

I am moving to a new city in like 3 weeks and I would love to know what my phone number would be so that I can give it out to my friends and collegues before I go. I know that the database application used by most carriers allow the option to future-date this and almost any other change, but it is restricted to company policy.

Online option changes right away which only works for me after I move.

Is there a reservation option or anything else that may help me out?

5 REPLIES 5

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@jsgf if you are moving to a new city in the same province you can keep the same number you have. If you are moving to a different province you can contact customer service and they can help you with the area code and give you different number that you can choose.

jsgf

Hey, thanks for the quick response.

Don't really understand how it addresses my questions at all, but A for effort.

Let's go on the assumptions that I know I am getting a new number, and I know that it can be done.

My post in regards to a *post-dated* (future-dated?) phone number change.

FidoManuel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @jsgf

We can't future-date a phone number change. You'll have to contact us when you are ready to change your number. 

jsgf

So that is fine, I was just asking. But here is another thought I had.

If I set up with one of those free apps like text4free or something and have and active phone number working through them, can I port it over?

Like, I can get that now so I can give it out, then when i move just take that number as my fido #?

Trying to see if there is a way to make it work out how I am looking for. Ultimately if I can't, I can't. Smiley

FidoManuel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

I'll have to open a request to port that number to see if it's eligible to be ported in.

Let me know when you have that number active, I'll see if we can complete the port request.