cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Price Increase

Ellen28
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

My friend and I joined Fido on December 28, 2021. At that time, promotion was offered to us at $40 per month. Since I am worried about the price increase after joining plan, we have repeatedly confirmed whether the price of the $40 plan will change before signing the agreement. And the sales also told us that this plan would not change for two years, and it is also stated in the agreement. But half year later we received the bill showing that the price of plan had increased. We called the customer service to ask the reason, and they said that fido could change the price at any time because what we signed was not a contract but an agreement, and the two-year price in the agreement only meant that promotion and discount $10 would not change, not that the plan price would not change. This is very confusing. At the time of signing, it was not stated that this was a contract or an agreement and price can change prices at any time. At that time, we repeatedly asked whether plan would change the price, but they got the reply that it would not change in two years, instead of the $10 in promotion and discount that the customer service said would not change. This is misleading to the consumers.

22 REPLIES 22

Hingo
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi Philippe,

I have the same issue and the customer care agent says you had a message in your last bill and the extra cost is what you pay. I dont understand this.. 

Alternatively, i am being offered to look at new plans.. This is simply ridiculous..

please help..

shishir2
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I have the same issue. The price increase is sneaky.  The reason i signed up for fido was because of the offer.  Now midway prices have been raised.