cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone issues to make a call

Deepa21
I'm a participant level 2

I have been calling Fido every time I cannot make a call for the past 6 months and Fido is not contactable. Either they take too long and I have to drop the call or they never pick up. I called today and got an agent William after months and told him of the issue that I cannot make a call. He helped me by sending a signal and rebooting my phone yet I cannot make a call. He transferred my line to technical support. I have waited 30 mins to and hour. How much longer am I expected to wait?

I am using whatsapp and surviving. That is a free app..Why I am charged the monthly service when I cannot use a phone outside my house to make a call.

Whenever I call , The answer is I do not have a mobile signal to make the call. I am extremely frustrated. I had been with Koodo before and never experienced an issue or delay in contacting.

D. Madhavan

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello again @Deepa21,

I think you are taking this the wrong way the community is here to help each other, personally, I do not have a problem getting through to Fido when needed.

You need to provide more information, when you make your WhatsApp calls are you connected to WiFi? When you say you can make calls from home do you mean an actual phone call or a call using third-party apps like WhatsApp?

Another option you have is to go to an actual Fido store and have them check it out for you.

Deepa21

Just so that you understand I tried all the contact methods including calling Jack. It was a waste of my time. My phone has no issues as I do not have a problem when I make a whatsapp call or call from home. I do not have an extra phone to try my Fido Sim but I am practically sure that is the issue.

Also when you mention conact fido do you know how inconvenient it is when you are outside and making an emergency call and your phone does not work. The message I get is mobile service not available at this time. If you put yourself in my shoe you would understand a customer concern after paying for all the service with no returns. Deepa

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Deepa21,

Sorry to hear you are having problems for so long, Fido has many different methods to contact them you can find that info here.

In terms of the charges once you have an active line you will be billed regardless if you use it or not.

Can you give us some more info please, did the phone ever work on the Fido network?

What's the make, model and where did you purchase the phone from?

If possible can you try the SIM card on another phone? If it works then the problem could be with the phone itself.