Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Upgrade

Sharma1993
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2
Click here

I called FIDO to get a phone(Iphone12 Pro Max 256GB) and was asking any deals they have for me, they very clearly said that they can't give me any deals even though I told them Virgin is giving me a better deal with proof as a new customer but FIDO would rather have me go to a different provider than give me any Discount. After being with FIDO for 5 years I was not expecting such customer service. I talked to Daniel(The Manager or supervisor) said we would be sad to see you go but we don't have any offers for you. All my friends who have been with fido for like a year got the new phone for 0$ down and here I am with FIDO for 5 years and no offer. I told them I'm not looking for 0$ and I just wanted them to match my offer with what Virgin is giving me. I am attaching the screenshot of my chat with Virgin to see. Very Very disappointed , 
**bleep**xxxxxxxx@yahoo.co.in is my FIDO email

1 REPLY 1

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Sharma1993,

Just a heads up that we had to edit your post as it went against the Community's Terms of Use.

With that said, I'm really sorry to learn that your weren't satisfied with the last experience you had with us. I assure you that we appreciate you as our long time customer and the last thing we would want is to see you go. We always work hard to bring you valuable offers that suit your needs that you can benefit from. 

Just to make sure there's no confusion, the way that the Financing Program works when upgrading your phone is that it allows you to spread the cost of a new phone or tablet over 24 equal monthly payments at 0% interest with an eligible plan. Therefore, if you get a phone that usually costs $1500 for example, with a $0 down payment, your monthly financing payments will be higher ( $1500/24months). Vice versa, if you make a down payment of $500 on the same phone, your monthly financing payments will be lower ( ($1500 - $500) / 24 months). 

I assure you that our goal is to keep you as a customer and to make you the best offer possible that we have at the time. If we had any other different offers available, we wouldn't have any reason to withhold them from you, I assure you.

With this said, if you'd like to revise the available options for your account, you can reach out to us here or we can send you a PM on the community, let us know.

Cheers!