cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for data during lockdown

LC99
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have been paying for data on 3 accounts since the lockdown on March 13, 2020. All of this has been a waste of money because my 2 sons have rarely left the house since then. Would you consider a rebate due to the pandemic and are our phones unlocked now which gets us out of the contract and we can reduce data? If we have fulfilled contract obligations can you help me find other options? Tired of throwing our money away 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello LC99,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, I don't think they offer rebates for unused data during the pandemic. If your phones are no longer under contract, you are free to change plans to one with less or no data. However, you should note that the rest of plan details might not be the same as your current plans. In addition, once the pandemic has ended, you would likely not be able to regain their current plans. You would need to get an in-market plan at that time.

If your sons have not left the house and do not need to use the devices for voice and messaging either, you might consider temporarily suspending their lines. For a reduced fee, the lines could be suspended for a period of time. At the end of a temporary suspension, their current plans would resume.

If they're eligible for the temporary suspension, you would need to contact customer service to have it set up. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they will also be able to access your account. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers