cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged $200 and told I consented to it

AmieD
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I called in today because my phone has been charged an extra $200 dollars on a previous billing cycle . When I asked about the wireless code ; and how carriers cannot go over $50 of data charges unless I directly give consent. The Fido rep I spoke to told me that Fido DID send this text (they didn’t) and that I RESPONDED TO IT (I never even received this magical text) 

So after speaking to two reps in collections ; they told me there was nothing they could do for me ;  unless I wanted to pay them for the overage, and sent me to speak with a customer care manager . 

So im speaking to the customer care manager ; and outlined my frustration of overages on my account over the last year and asked him to resolve the account . Considering my phone has been off for two weeks due to the fact that I am unwilling to pay for services I didn’t use ; i asked the manager to please credit that money back to my account and turn my phone on. He told me that the only thing he could do was have some customer rentention officer call me in 3 to 5 business days....unbelievable . 

Im expecting this to be fixed; my phone is still not in service and it is just not acceptable. I feel like I’m being held hostage. 

1 REPLY 1

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @AmieD,

This definitely doesn't sound like the kind of experience we want for any of our customers! 

I'd like to take a closer look into the account with you. I'll send you a PM right away so we can check it out.