cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Fido - Problem with Texts

JSoccerer
I'm a participant level 1

This friday I got my first phone, the iPhone 4s with fido, which I have only heard good things about. However, over this weekend and today, I have been so frustrated because so many texts of mine are being lost. Some people don't receive my tests while I don't receive others. I have had several people ask why I ignored them and when we compared text messages it was obvious that I had not received some.

I don't think it is a phone problem because my friend on Virgin mobile is doing perfectly fine. I have noticed that texts sent to other iPhones are not being lost, however the main problem is texting to blackberries. 

This is really annoying, and not a good was to start of a new phone Sad

Any help?

***Edited to add labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Ayla91
I have kind of same problem, i have International text messaging but they don't receive my text messages any idea why ?

Aerowen
I'm a participant level 2

I'm having a very similar problem with my new iphone5. I just became a Fido customer and ported my number over from Telus. This was 5 days ago. At first I was able to send and receive text msgs just fine but not picture msgs. I reset my network settings and I was able to receive picture msgs but now I am unable to receive text mgs. Its not everyone either, some people get my msgs and I get theirs but others only receive my msgs and I cannot receive theirs. 

I have looked around on several forums and I found this issue is common among serval different carriers and phone types but there is no real fix for it. I have read where people say it just started working again a day or two later, others have had to reset their phone back to factory settings and start all over again with a clean phone. 

Tonight I will head home and do a clean reset of my iphone via itunes and see if that helps, otherwise I will be calling Fido back. But be assured that is is NOT a phone problem, it is a network problem.

Aerowen
UPDATE: I have been on the phone with Fido all day troubleshooting this issue. Everything on their side looks fine and when they send me test msgs, I do receive them BUT I'm still having the same issue. I was receiving text msgs fine two days ago from everyone and now I am unable to receive some peoples texts back to me.

fanel
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

I've been having that same exact problem. It has been especially bad over the weekend. It seems to be better now but some still get lost. I was hoping someone with a phone from Fido who has this issue would contact them because I have an unlocked home from the outside and I'm sure they'll blame it on its incompatability with the Fido network which couldn't be any further from the truth.

There have been other threads on this and no Fido rep has responded yet, like c'mon!

Hi everyone,

As posted in the other thread, we honestly have no reported issue with texts on our end. Perhaps it was a general temporary issue, but if your are still experiencing text problems I recommend you contact us to trouble shoot. If we get enough calls about this we can open a ticket.

Bathset

I am having a similar problem on and off and I have a Nokia??? I called earlier, they tried a reset - twice. Didn't work. The tried to blame phone. I said NO WAY... not the phone. About 15 minutes after I got off the phone, about half the text messages I sent suddenly went through. The texting worked for about 45 minutes... now I have no texting again. Actually, I have no NETWORK!