cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Phone,New Contract???

PegahNazeri
I'm a participant level 2

My contract with Fido has ended. I like my plan the way it is and I was wondering what if I want to change my phone? For example, if I want an iPhone 6/6s do I need to have a new contract? or can I buy it without a contract? and how much will it cost?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Dee1
Question:  What if you want to purchase phone outright from another store? Could you still use existing plan? Would there be any fees involved with activating new phone on existing plan?  
@PegahNazeri wrote:

My contract with Fido has ended. I like my plan the way it is and I was wondering what if I want to change my phone? For example, if I want an iPhone 6/6s do I need to have a new contract? or can I buy it without a contract? and how much will it cost?

Thanks.

zyx
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2
@Dee1 first caveat is if you purchase the phone from another carrier (Bell, Rogers, Wind, Etc.), The phone will be locked to that carrier, and thus won't work.

If you're talking about another Fido store, or unlocked (such as from the Apple store), then no problem: just put the SIM into the new phone - no need to even tell Fido.

Dee1

Thank you for the information. 

Have a great weekend. 

FidoTerry
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey PegahNazeri,

Different plan categories offer different subsidy ( credit ) towards the cost of the phone. We will need to make sure your current plan is compatible with phone on agreement. You can choose to get the phone on agreement or get the phone full price, but getting it on agreement will be less expensive. You check out our current pricing by clicking here

I'll send you a PM to check out your best options. Smiley