cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Activation from Black Friday issue

russellpaul02
I'm a participant level 2

I went to my local Fido store to take advantage of the Black friday plans that were being offered. During the sign up, I had to contact the validation office to unlock my termporary locked account. Afterwards, the representative was able to complete the activation. They sent me a text to port over my number. I replied "Yes". They completed the paperwork, handed me my SIM card and I was on my way. 

My device is a Galaxy S21 Ultra that is unlocked. I've had both Rogers and Koodo services on this phone. 

Upon inserting the SIM card, I don't have any data or mobile signal. Under 'SIM manager', I don't have a number assigned to the sim card. Not even a temporary one. My old SIM card with Koodo is no longer active and Koodo has already emailed me a confirmation of cancellation of service. However, when I insert it, it still shows my number on it. I believe the port hasn't been complete. It's been 2 hours since it was supposed activated by the Fido agent. I'm fine with waiting for the port but I don't even have a temporary number. I can't use my phone at all at the moment other than WiFi.

Business hours are now closed so I will try and contact support tomorrow if I'm still having this issue.

2 REPLIES 2

FidoAnthonyZ
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello @russellpaul02,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that the switch was not at all seamless. 

Have you managed to get the support you need?

Let us know. 

russellpaul02

The SIM card activated by the next morning. I guess it took a while because of the large number of people signing up.