cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mysterious text activity

EJWang
I'm a participant level 2

My wife and I both have been using Fido for many years now, we often text to each other.  But some strange things happened to her end from time to time. 

This event happened in between one of our text conversations, when I suddenly see a text from her side says "who is this?"  but she didn't even typed that.  I took a screenshot of my text screen with the mysterious third person text pop up.  One minute later I notified her via FaceTime and she also took a screenshot of her text as proof that she really didn't typed that "who is this?"

3CE752DE-A05E-46A5-8DD4-FD6D40180F15.jpeg

5E6C78C1-606D-47D1-B3F9-154C8D5325E1.jpeg

(Attached is my screen shot and I scratched off my wife's face on FaceTime.  2nd attached is my wife's screen shot.)

This happened maybe two to three times in the past two years.  We are wondering does anyone has similar experience like this?  Is this some kinda glitch, feels like this third person is not a hacker but also was surprised by seeing my text...

EJ

2 REPLIES 2

EJWang

Another linked device would be the ipad.  If my kid was using it, she won't type "who is this"?  and the children weren't around.

Thanks.

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @EJWang

That's pretty odd. Since you are both using iMessage, it might be related to that. Do you know if your wife is signed in to iMessage on any other device other than her iPhone?