cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My bill went all the way to collections :(

alan1oo1
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

So i had a bad time at the very half of this year... long story short... now i can pay it full so my question is :

if i have a chance to pay the full debt to FIDO and avoid a collection record on my credit score or is too late for that?

Thank you so much.

2 REPLIES 2

Scooby-Doo
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

hi @alan1oo1 

This is a bit out of subject for the forum.  Life is full of ups and downs here's what I learned.

If your debt write-off  then Fido transferred it to collection outside.  Until you pay Fido will report every month until it's settle, that alone will impact your credit bureau.  

As for the collection agency. You can try to negotiate the removal of the collection entry in exchange for full payment but you should understand that registered Collection agencies are bound to report to credit bureaus. You can try "Get a confirmation In writing about removal"  with the Collection agency but I doubt it will be possible for them to do so they must obey the rules too. They will likely only update your credit bureau with Paid. That way no other collection agency will be on to you.

At this point pay asap and learn on. Do not let your other accounts go to collection make arrangements before.

Best of luck!

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @alan1oo1,

Sorry to hear about this happening, I do hope everything is back on track for you now.

Unfortunately once you hit collections it will impact your credit score but they are ways to get it removed faster once you paid off the debt.

This article here might be of help to you.

I hope everything works out for you.