cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved to ON, want to keep my SK plan

zick
I'm a participant level 2

My wife and I moved from SK to ON a few weeks ago, and want to switch to a local number while keeping our current SK plan (the $60 smart plan with unlimited calling and 5GB data).

When we sign up the contract earlier this year, we told the agent about our plan of moving in the near future, and was told by two different agents that it would be totally fine.

But yesterday, when I contacted fido to actually switch the phone number, I was told that we will lose our SK plan. 

So now we are in a situation that either switch to a local phone number, and switch to a much more expensive plan, or keep our SK number, and have all our new friends in town make long distance calls when thay are trying to reach us:( 

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

FidoStephane

I`m sorry to learn you were told the SK plan could be used with an ON number. That is simply incorrect. I would suggest you keep your SK plan and number and see how many people take notice in ON. Most carriers offer LD in their plans, so maybe it will go unnoticed.  

zick

This is not a good solution. Some of my friends are complaining about my SK number already!