cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved out of Canada for a while, can I stop my phone plan?

cvermani
I'm a participant level 2

I'm moving out of Canada for 4 months but my phone is still under a 2 year contract. Is there a way that I only pay the amount for the phone and not for the plan since it's not getting used at all?

4 REPLIES 4

cvermani

@KAPABLE-KI've been trying to get into contact with customer support through live chat but whenever I type in anything it says "Session Timed Out" and I have not been able to talk to anyone at all.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @cvermani,

Welcome to the community!

Fido does offer a temporary suspension for a reduced fee on eligible lines.

If you have an older subsidized plan and still in a contract, unfortunately, you are not eligible for the temporary suspension as the cost of phones is incorporated into the plan cost.

If you have a financed plan, you can temporarily suspend the plan for a reduced fee and you would still need to pay the monthly costs for financing the device.

To get the temporary suspension done you will need to contact customer service and they can apply it providing you qualify, the suspension would take effect on the last day of your current billing cycle.

cvermani

No matter what I type in the contact us chat, I get this message "We’re really sorry we can’t assist you, something went wrong. Let’s go get you a Live Chat agent." and nothing happens after

Hey @cvermani try clearing your browser cache but if it is saying "Let’s go get you a Live Chat agent." You will have to wait in queue until it's your turn. If you look at the bottom of the chat box it will tell you your position.