Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly Prepaid Plan Question

scottyan
I'm a participant level 2

Hi all,

Just called fido for the cancellation of my prepaid account. I have a $55 month plan with my account (with data and call), fido rep. told me that I don't need to cancel it since if I don't refill it then it will be good... I'm curious about whether it's right or not, cuz I don't want to pay extra for that since I am not using this account anymore.

Please help!

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

Jess0384
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1
Hi I'd like to switch back to my $35 prepaid plan and sync my new device with my fido.can account as it says I'm still using the zte phone the phone I have I got it from staples unlocked and the permission settings are not right or something.

Hi there @Jess0384

Thanks for reaching out Smiley

I'll send you a PM so we can help with your plan swap! As for the phone displayed online, we'll check that out together too!

FidoChristina
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey scottyan,

welcome to the community Smiley You can also reach us on Facebook and Twitter!

Yes this is correct. We don't cancel prepaid accounts because there is no recurring monthly fee. If you have automatic instant refill set up, you should disable it.

The phone number will automatically be cancelled after 365 days of inactivity.

Hope this helps Smiley

scottyan

BTW.... I can see that I have registered a recurring auto refill for By the month $55 plan, and I don't have a option to disable or cancel recurring option.. And it shows fees will be charged this Dec 9th, so what am I gonna do 

Okay i'll send you a private message so we can discuss further Smiley

scottyan

So fido will not charge me any fee for this account anymore?

The beauty about prepaid is you pay before you use your service so you never get a monthly bill.

The only way you will be charged any fees is if you've set up automatic instant refill and don't cancel it. Is that the case for you? If you haven't set up and preauthorized refills, there is no way you can be charged Smiley

Hope this answers your questions!