cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money withdrawn through Interac, but account was not credited

chemist
I'm a contributor level 2

I have got a problem when I tried to pay for the services. I logged in Fido.ca "my account", chose to pay with Interac online, completed operation, and got the Error message! What's interesting, money was withdrawn from my bank acount, but Fido account was not credited. How can I have my account credited properly?

Thanks!

***Edited to add labels***

6 REPLIES 6

FidoCatherine
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey chemist

If you made a payment towards your monthly account, payments made through Online Banking (or Interact Online) can take 3-5 business days before we receive it on our end. 

Was this a Prepaid account?

When did you make the payment exactly? 

Let me know! 😃

chemist

Hi @FidoCatherine

No, it is not Prepaid.

I used to pay for my phone using Interac Online because the payment appears on the account instantly.

Today after I clicked Submit (or Pay, doesn't matter) I got an error message. That means, that something went wrong.

Payment was made on February 27, 2016 9:04 AM (PST) using RBC debit card

If the payment passed on your card then we most likely got the payment. I would suggest to wait 5 business days first, if you don't see the balance changed on Fido.ca after that, inform us and we will contact you to verify what's going on. Smiley

chemist

OK, then why has my last payment been successful? At that time (February 6) I immediately got payment confirmation number and confirmation e-mail. Today I got only error message.

In my opinion, when one sees an error message then something wrong.

It never happened before - my payment was always successful regardless of week day or week-end.

And you haven't even asked (via private messages) my account and/or phone number I got the problem with. That makes me think that you haven't started to investigate the problem...

Our technical team can't check the payment issue until the 5 business days as passed that's the delay for payment via the bank. I totally get your concerns though.

I'll send you a PM chemist. Talk to you soon. Smiley

chemist