cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payment charge

ksli57
I'm a participant level 2

I paid my Fido bill on May 21 and the due day was May 22. I got my June's bill and there is a charge of late payment for $2.57 on it. So I check my bank and the payment transation was posted on the same day. So I go on line support to fine out why and was told that they only received the payment on May 25 and will not reverse the late payment charge and all they do was trying to get me to  set up a direct debit! I show them the email that Fido send me to confirm the accout balance was 0.00 as of MAY 21 not as of MAY 25 as they claimed! They said it will take several days for them to get the money from the bank that why the charge me for overdue! I've been paying my credit card, hydro, gas and all other bills on the due day and never have anybody charge me overdue payment because of  it will take them several days to get the money! I hope FIDO do pay their employee several days in advance of pay day as it will take a few days to clear the bank!

7 REPLIES 7

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi Smiley ksli57.

Normally on an bank account or even a credit card payback, the amount returned takes about maximum 1 week. You can ask your financial institution to be faster, sometimes the instutition can do it. Smiley

I hope you have a nice day Smiley If you have anymore questions, i'm here to answer Smiley

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @ksli57,

If you pay your bill through your bank it can take up to 5 business days before Fido receives the money this is no fault of Fido it all depends on how fast your bank actually sends the money to Fido.

This is why they advised you to set up direct billing so you do not incur any late fees if you pay by credit card the payment is done right away. 

ksli57

Should I assume that FIDO WILL paid their suppliers and their employees 5 day before the due day and pay day?

Also I paid all my other bills the same way and my cable, hydro, credit card company never have any problem and only FIDO have problem, so the problem is with them or my bank???

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi Ksli57.

Its your bank Smiley

Have a nice day Smiley

Hello @ksli57,

Your rant of how Fido pays their employees and suppliers is pointless, Fido can only apply the payment after they receive it which can take up to 5 business days and they did mention it here. Even Canadas largest bank RBC for example says "The payee may take 3 to 5 business days to post the payment to your account."

Untitled.png

Taken from here.

ksli57

Why is it pointless? If they dont do this themself, how do they expect other to do it? The point is they send an email to me on 25th to acknowledge receipt of my payment, it clearly said my account balance was $0.00 as of 21st. If I dont own them any money before the due day which was 22nd,

how could there be a late payment charge???

As of 21-may-2021, your update balance is now

$0.00.

Hey there @ksli57

Don't hesitate to reach us out in private on either Facebook or Twitter for assistance. We'll be able to access your account and be more than happy to provide you a breakdown of what happened exactly.

Alternately, you can find which servicing channel suits you best here.

Talk to you soon!