cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lag in Who Called Me Texts

aalkusayer
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I had my phone off most of the day and received no Who Called Me notification. I thenswitced it off and called myself from another phone to see if I would get a Who Called Me text. Nothing. I generally have a lag in receiving such texts that sometimes extends to 6 hours. Not sure why!

* Edited to add labels * 

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@aalkusayer wrote:

I had my phone off most of the day and received no Who Called Me notification. I thenswitced it off and called myself from another phone to see if I would get a Who Called Me text. Nothing. I generally have a lag in receiving such texts that sometimes extends to 6 hours. Not sure why!

* Edited to add labels * 

Hello AAlkusayer,

Welcome to the community!

Do you usually have good signal where you performed your test? If there is inadequate signal, it would be the same as the phone being off -- unreachable. Is it possible that you received the WCM texts 6 hrs later because that's when you ventured into an area with better reception?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @aalksuyaer, 

Welcome to the Community Smiley

Is this the first time it happens? Did you end up receiving the text messages at all? 

Keep in mind that configuration on non-certified Fido phones could impact compatibility with the WhoCalled service! Are you using a Fido phone?