cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is texting service down?

KorbenDallasMPS
I'm a participant level 3

Hey I received a text message at 6:30 but if i try to reply it says failed to send, to to try again. Doesn't work when u tap.

Tried other numbers, same error.

Calling works.

Restarted phone, disabled/enabled wi-fi, enabled/disabled airplane mode.

You guys don't have a service status page because god knows why and god help me if I ever waste time with your so called AI again, so just give an answer here please.

6 REPLIES 6

KorbenDallasMPS

yeah so i found a tech there who apparently reset something because it was an error on the network, now i can text

Great to hear. Mischief managed. 😆 

KorbenDallasMPS

Seems related to my phone since i tried another texting application and having the same problem, time to go waste my time with that useless pos askjack

Hi again @KorbenDallasMPS , we're you able to resolve the issue?  Did you try a different sim card in your device from another carrier?  If you've done that, check your settings for sms to make sure they're accurate. This thread Here will show you how to check.  🤞 

Good morning @KorbenDallasMPS , my sms was working yesterday. Do you use the built-in messaging app or a 3rd party app? I used to have issues with sending messages and switched to Google messenger and it resolved. When I have a cannot send message I switch messaging apps. I find the Google messaging the most reliable and have the option of turning on RCS Chat or turning it off. That is what I do on an android device. On ios, I have no clue. That may provide an option to try. Hope it works for you 

KorbenDallasMPS

Hey @Original_Lucy , I'm using the Messages application, I guess that's the google one since i get updates through the application store.

It just stopped suddenly working yesterday to send, but i can still receive.

I cleared cache of messages, rebooted, took out put sim card back in (it's a week old sim card), tested with several phones, i just can't send messages to any of them. Everything else works like whatsapp, telegraph, email...it's such a load of nonsense.