Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International calling

Hani_6477
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi

I have an international call to Iran for about 20 minutes and it has counted in my 1000 minutes international LD calls. I want to be sure whether it  charges on my billing or I can use my 1000 minutes for calling to Iran?

2 REPLIES 2

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hwy @Hani_6477

Just to add to Cawtau's answer, Iran is not part of the 1000 long distance minutes option.  This option only covers calls to China (including Hong Kong and Taiwan), India, Bangladesh, Italy, United Kingdom, Germany, Australia, and Mexico.

Hope it helps! Smiley

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Hani_6477,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, I do not believe Iran is included in the 1000 International minutes. You can view the included Countries here.

The rates for calling Iran are shown below:

Iran.jpg

~taken from here.

If you regularly make calls to Iran, you might consider getting the Preferred International rate add-on. For the calling rates for other countries, select Long Distance --> View Preferred International rates from the link above.

You should note that long distance calls are charged long distance (LD) plus airtime. The 1000 International minutes and the above LD rates are for the long distance portion of calls only. If you have a limited amount of airtime call minutes (ie 500 Canada-wide minutes), excess usage will be charged 50¢ per minute additional airtime (see Full Details, here).

You should also note that the Canada-wide minutes are a bit of a misnomer. They should more accurately be considered as Minutes (or Airtime) with Canadian long-distance (LD) included. That is, the Canada-wide minutes are not strictly for use within Canada.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers