Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International call overcharge

maryhutton
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

I have been using Fido service for some time. I have an add-on pack for 1000 international minutes, which I never avail entirely every month. 

I was really shocked to see a long distance overcharge of $ 227 this month. A warning message before a call is sent whenever we cross the limit where the operator says that I will be charged. So, I was under the impression that I would be notified. I did not receive any message or declaration. Finally, I received a bill through a link stating 'overcharged payment' once after the billing cycle is completed. 

I reached the customer care many times, but they keep telling that they cannot do away with the charges. It takes about 1-2 hours to get a customer service to get on call!!! And it resulted with nothing!!! 

I hope whoever reading this can understand my situation. I am a new student in Canada who is working part-time struggling to pay her college fees and rent. It would be very difficult to pay such a hefty overcharges in a monthly phone bill. As I was not assisted with the overcharge issue through customer care, I am posting my concern in the forum, hoping some one could help me out of this. 

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Maryhutton,

I replied to your other post here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers