Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information hidden from mobile user costed $$$ on a monthly bill

Gokulraj
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I am new mobile plan in canada.

I left Fido due to poor signal and I choose to come back to fido during labour day offer.I activated the plan through customer care.

I use only the long distance call comes with 1000 mins and after that I need to pay as per the call rate.

so I asked customer care person to avoid big bill after 1000 mins but he said there is no add-on for this.

after two month, monthly call went over 1000 (1167) calls so fido charged me 0.95$ per min. It was very shocking because I paid my tab balance of my previous provider recently and again I got another big bill so I called fido and they said about the add-on but it was not informed me when I asked for it at the time of activation.

On dec 9, I called customer care and asked about this and they promised me to investigate with the recoded voice but it is rejected by the investigation group without checking. If the information was provided I could have avoided this big bill.

Can I proceed legally on this ?

Thanks for reading this and appreciate your help.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Gokulraj

I'm sad to read your experience was not a good one.  I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at this together.

Talk to you soon!  

Gokulraj

Hi Julien,

I didn’t hear anything from Fido.

Thanks for letting us know!

We just sent you a PM @Gokulraj .