cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was told that there would be no activation fee

Strazci
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I chose fido over virgin cause its store was closer to my plcae and they told me that even the activation fee would be waived. The extra money i had to pay for the first month only must be 2-5$ they said. I paid my bill on 18th sept which was due 19th and i didnt get to check the bill properly cause i was kind of busy and today as i check it was around 60$ of activation fee. I wouldnt have tried to contact them if it was 10-20$ but 60$ is just too much especially for me, an international student trying struggling to pay his rent and food. This is just false advertising but I didnt have any proof of them saying that the activation fee would be waived and since ive already paid the bill from my credit card I cant even refund it. Is there anything I or you guys can do?? 

If its just gonna add things that were not mentioned just randomly in future too to my bill I will prefer to switch to another company. 

3 REPLIES 3

Matthieucunha57
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

They did this too me too. Fido is Roger's and Roger's is Criminal just like Bell. Next time do it online and Take Pic of promotion.  Also Recorde any and all Conversations with Support. By Law you can record you own Conversations an no you do not have to ask consent.  See I did all of the above.

@Matthieucunha57 

I replied to your other post 👍

Hello @Strazci , unexpected charges are extremely frustrating. Did you call into Fido customer service or go back to the store to request a refund? All interactions for plans or devices that go through a human being instead of online is charged a service fee. As you were told it would be waived, I suggest going back to the store that promised you that and request an invoice correction. Also you could send a message to fidosolutions on Twitter or Facebook and request assistance via messaging. Here are other ways to contact Fido's support. Have a better day