Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm abroad and my line is dead

NicoFede
I'm a participant level 2

Hello, 
I desperately need help! 
I'm abroad and Both my Fido #s are not connecting to the network. 

Yesterday evening I requested a plan change to a basic plan, as I need only SMS and (maybe) incoming calls... and since today both my phones are in "Emergency Calls Only" mode 

What should I do? 

Thank you
Nico & Fede

2 REPLIES 2

NicoFede

Thank you   Cawtau,  
This is really helpful as the person at the helpdesk didn't mention anything about this as we were downgrading.

Also, these details are not easily accessible from the plan choice page. 

We'll get in touch with the HD right away, hoping to get this solved right away. 

all the best, 

Nico and Fede

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello NicoFede,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues abroad. Unfortunately, roaming is not available with Basic plans:

Basic.jpg

~taken from here.

If you need access to your line while abroad, you would need to switch back to a Data, Talk & Text or a Talk & Text plan. Alternatively, you might be able to migrate your services to a Pre-paid plan, though you should note that there would be a migration fee.

In order to switch or migrate your plan, you would need to contact customer service. If migrating to a pre-paid plan, you might consider the plan you choose is capable of roaming. If you choose a plan with Fido Roam, you might consider opting-out of that service. In doing so, your usage would be on a pay-per-use basis. You can view the roaming rates here. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers