cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't want a new phone when I renew, can I get something else?

new_tradition
I'm a participant level 2

Basically what the title says. I'll likely renew my contract, but I have no interest in getting a new phone (already bought one from a 3rd party). If I renew, would Fido offer something else?

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

fidoOlivier
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it. If you so ever choose not to renew your contract with a new device then Fido currently have a promo offer for all new and existing customers who are not under a contract or have terminated their contract. A 10% monthly Plan discount will be given to any and all customers whom are under a Current in Market Fido Standard Plan only. If not under a contract then just change the plan to one of the current standard plan so to take advantage of such great promotional offer. 

Also there are plan that exist only for those who are not planning on renewing their contract anytime soon, those plans are not eligible to go on contract. Unfortunately these plans are not compatible with the 10% monthly plan discount but they do offers a great deal of interesting features.

They are call: Bring Your Own Phone plans, No contract attach. New and existing customer are eligible. You can contact Fido support, Live Chat, Twitter/Facebook for more information on the Plans.

Cheers.

new_tradition

I called a little while ago, but the CSR wasn't able to offer a straight up credit for not wanting a phone. I think I'll just stay on a month-to-month basis and see what my options are in 2012 *shrugs*

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

I would also like to know this. Can Fido offer us a better plan in substitute of a reduced handset?

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

Sometimes you can negotiate a small monthly discount in lieu of a handset discount, but policy doesn't generally provide for a discount just because you didn't upgrade. It is a bit strange because I have been told many times that one of the reasons for Rogers/Fido having higher monthly fees is to cover the 'subsidy' on handsets, yet there is no automatic reduction in plans when you have no subsidy to repay or even if you have no contract.