cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove my paid Fido bills from my credit report?

Leizhao123
I'm a participant level 1

Hi, Everyone,

I used Fido for a few months, but every time, I found my unpaid Fido bill was shown on my credit report, even though the bills were paid. How to remove the Fido bills from credit reports?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Leizhao123,

If you miss your payment and then make the payment at a later date then it will show as a late/missed payment paying it at a later date does not automatically remove it from your credit report the whole point of a credit reporting system is to log miss/late payment or delinquent accounts so other creditors can see your history.

To avoid these reports make your payments on time. 

Deanboy2024

I understand your comment. In this life everyone pay bills not everyone is perfect I'm sure you in your lifetime have missed payments as well. The person who you wrote the comment to can contact the credit department and get its concerns head and dealt with. 

To remember nobody is perfect and life can be overwhelming sometimes. 

Hello Deanboy2024,

Welcome to the community!

Yes, life happens and missed or late payments can ensue. However, unless the missed or late payment was registered erroneously, I'm not sure the reporting agencies will remove the item before its natural clearing from the reports:

...if the negative information wasn’t the result of an inaccuracy or crime, neither Equifax nor TransUnion will remove it from your credit report prior to the designated date. ~taken from here.

If the late or missed payment was registered in error, then the credit department might be able to address the issue. However, if the payment was actually late or missed, I'm not sure the credit department will be able to get the item removed from the reports.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hi @Leizhao123 , that would be a frustration for sure. I would suggest starting with fido credit department and ask for assisstance in clearing the invoices off your credit report. You can access fido support Here