Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel temporary suspension with the new charge

Whisperwind
I'm a participant level 2

Hey guys,

So I suspended my service before I left Canada for a short vacation, when I called the agent, he said the only way to restore it before the end date (2 months) is to call customer support when I get back. But now with the new charge, I need to pay 10 dollar just to restore the service? This is ridiculous! I only paid 7 dollar a month to suspended, and this new service fee almost doubled that. As far as I know, there is no other method to cancel the temporary suspension.

Any help is appreciated! 

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Whisperwind,

Welcome to the community!

As far as I am aware, that new charge is only applicable on certain transactions which can be done by ourselves:

As of May 14th 2019, when a customer service representative performs a transaction on your behalf a small fee is applied for select transactions available on Fido MyAccount self-serve.

Transactions performed over the phone, via live chat, or social media support may be affected.

Impacted transactions:

• Making a payment
  • Updating method of payment
  • Updated contact information (email, phone)
  • Changing billing language
  • Resetting Voice Messaging password
  • Changing Name Display for Call Display

~ Taken from here.

Cancelling a temporary suspension does not appear on that list.

The problem with all of the articles and social media reports regarding the charge is that most of them didn't provide full details.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Whisperwind

Oh I see, you’re absolutely right about social media, most of them didn’t even mention a list. I was mislead by some of them. Thank you so much for clearing this out!