cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get $200 deposit fee back

Weny02
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I payed extra 200 dollars when I activated my Fido account last year. The guy in the Fido store told me that the 200 dollars are taken as deposit. I can get the money back after 12 months. But my friend didn’t pay it when he opened the account. (In different store)

So, 12 months has gone. How can I get my money back?

5 REPLIES 5

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Weny02

Welcome to the community Smiley

Security deposits are requested on a case by case basis. This varies and depends on the results of the credit assessment. You can find more details here.

In regards to the refund of your security deposit, this is usually done automatically by our system starting from the 12th month of ongoing service with us. We'd also be happy to take a closer look at it together. To get started, simply reach out to us at the channel of your choice. Alternatively, we can send you a PM here if you prefer.

Hope this helps!

ngb2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi - We are also trying to get our $200 deposit fee back after calling the call centre four times and everytime someone from Fido advises that this will be looked into and rectified and that we would be contacted and to date we have not. The deposit was due to be returned about 3 months ago. Its getting ridiculous and we are now considering taking our business elsewhere as we feel the customer support we are getting via the call centre is very poor. The last time we attempted to deal with someone in the call centre (which was last week) we were on the phone for an hour with the representative who then told us that her computer had frozen and that we would have to call back!!!! Can you please advise if there is someone else we can speak to to get this deposit returned to us. Thank you.

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @ngb2

Welcome to the community Smiley

The release of the deposit is based on many different factors such as your payment history, your tenure with Fido, etc.  Because of that, there is not really a time when your deposit should be released.  That being said, I'll send you a PM so that we can take a look at your account together.

Talk to you soon!

ngb2

Of course, I completely understand that. The isse and frustration is that we have called teh call centre four times, each time having to exlain the situation again, and each time we have been advised that it should have been repaid and that someone from Fido would contact us to get this resolved and no one has. It would be great to speak to one person to get the issue resolved rather than multiple. If you are able to assist us directly that would be a great help.

I look forward to hearing from you directly.

Nina

FidoValeska
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Nina! 

We definitely understand how frustrating it can be to get conflicting information. 

Rest assure, we will get to the bottom of this. 

Let's continue via PM Smiley