cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone Long Distance

Escobar
I'm a participant level 3

What company can we have as long distance provider with the FIdo Home phone,,,? ( e.g Primus, Yak, Comewave....etc..) Thanks

***Edited to add labels***

9 REPLIES 9

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Escobar!

Sorry for the delay.

We offer long distance add-ons for the wireless home phone. You can see them here.

Escobar

This is not my question.... the question is what companies can i use as long distance service provider with the Fido Home phone,, can i use Primus for exapmple..? I know there are add-ons from Fido but rates are too expensive...

zyx
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

I don't think any Fido employee will tell you how to avoid paying for extras! Smiley

The home phone is not a regular home service, it's a VOIP service - meaning that it's computer data that goes through the cell line. Therefore, I don't think you can directly use another service as you could with an actual phone line.

That said, there's nothing preventing you from using a calling card - Yak has one, for example. You dial an access point in Canada, then make your call from there. It's much longer to dial, but with pauses, you could pre-enter all the relevant information (local access line, account number, actual phone number you're trying to reach) in your phone's phonebook.

Escobar

Thanks for the info..perhaps it's time to change of company to have better long distance rates 

Hi Escobar! Smiley

While most long-distance service providers should work with the Wireless Home Phone, we cannot guarantee their functionality since they are 3rd party services.

I'd also like to clarify that our Wireless Home Phone is not a VOIP service; it functions the same way as a mobile phone, therefore using our cellular network.

Cheers!

Escobar

Now you're talking, thanks... i knew it that Zyk it wasn't right.. Fido Home Phone is not a VOIP service..

Gracias Maria.....!

De nada Escobar! Wink

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Escobar

How come my status has been changed automatically form " Amateur" to "I'm a wiz"...?

That means that you've ranked up!

The more you participate in the community, the higher your rank will be. Wink