cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden fees

Jeff1122
I'm a participant level 2

Fido chooses to do nothing when a store tries to give you a used product and when you say you don't want it they try to throw you out of the store

3 REPLIES 3

FidoJo1
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Jeff1122,    

Welcome to the Community!  That's definitely not how we want our customers to feel after a recent phone upgrade! We want to make sure our customers get the best experience while completing a transaction like this through all of our available channels, online, over the phone or in stores!  

Can you tell us a little more about your experience?  

Were you charged any extra fees other than the cost of the device and the set-up fee?  

Which used product were you offered exactly?

Jeff1122

I was charged a 15$ over top of the 35$ even after I asked the guy what the total cost would be and a additional  20$ at another fido store to get my phone information transferred.  I had to go further to this store because there is no way i will ever step foot in the store that expected my to take a used phone. My phone is a Samsung A8. And as i mentioned you being fido told me while i was being thrown out of the fido store because i wouldn't take a used phone and was told over the phone that you being fido was going to do nothing  to that store. This makes me assume that fido cares more about there stores than they do the customers and I feel one way of dealing g with this is to let the world know what they are dealing with when they deal with fido

Hey @Jeff1122,

We do have administrative fees that apply on specific transactions. However, we'd like to take a closer look at what happened in store so we can better assist you.

I'll be sending a PM your way in a moment. Talk to you soon!