cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HELP] Selecting The Right Plan, Transferring plan & not number

payaldave
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

a) I have a $39 plan (600mb, 450 mins). 2 years contract has already been completed on this line.

2nd line is on $25 plan (200mins) with Samsung Galaxy Ace II x. If I break this contract, right now I will be paying around $70. The no. of this line is a non-GTA no.

Now, I want to 

1. Change my contact no. (want a GTA no.)

2. Change my device (want Nexus 5)

I have $55 fido dollars which i can use towards cancelation of the contract on Sam Galaxy Ace II

What deals can I get from fido, if I talk to the customer service?

b) The no. that I have with $39 plan, can I keep with me and switch to other network? & can i still get a new no. on the same $39 plan with 600 mb data and 450 daytime minutes?

- $39 plan is such a nice plan that I dont want to lose it. So, if there is any way, that the 2nd line user can take advantage of this plan (& get a new no.), it would be really great! But, I should also be able to have my old no. , even if I switch to other network/ higher plans in fido. 

Please advice on both the cases.

Thanks

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

TheOrangeGuy
I'm experienced level 2
I'm experienced level 2

To answer your question, the $39 plan you have on the first number is "stuck" there. It's not possible to give the same plan to your other number while transferring the first number to another company. Since the plan is now discontinued, it's not possible to have it again.

To change the phone number to a Toronto one, you can do it on Fido.ca in My Account or you can call in/chat to get it done as well.

To get the Nexus 5 at $50, you'll need a Smart plan. The $25 plan you described is definitely not a Smart plan. If you want to keep the same $25 plan you have (Standard), the Nexus 5 will be $280.