cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel - VoLTE

juju86
I'm a participant level 3

Hello!  I was wondering if Fido has an ETA on allowing VoLTE for the Pixel/Pixel XL on its network?  Google pushed an update in early December enabling VoLTE support, however Fido seems to be lagging with enabling the service for a few devices, including the Pixel/Pixel XL.  Any chance Fido will throw us a bone?

Thanks!

***Edited to add labels***

51 REPLIES 51

Kenjuta
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

so my friend just bought a Note 8 directly from samsung's website and VoLTE and wifi calling is working with it even though it didn't go through Fido and he didn't need to tell Fido he has the phone or get the IMEI added to anything

How is it that Fido is able to determine that phone is allowed on VoLTE and provision it but not the Pixel XL even though it's running the same build number and software as the ones Fido sell?

I'm pretty sure the Pixel is provisioned for VoLTE as well since when you go into Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile network you see that Enhanced 4G LTE Mode is an option on there and is enabled and if you dial *#*#4636#*#* and then select Phone information it says VoLTE Provisioned is true

Only thing I think I'm not seeing is the IMS Status on it says

IMS Registration: Not Registered

Voice over LTE: Unavailable

Is it possible that this mean my phone is all provisioned and able to access VoLTE but something on my account with Fido isn't enabled or disabled properly so I can't get on it?

Hi @Kenjuta, let's take a look at your account!

I'll send you a PM. Smiley

Hey @Kenjuta

Thanks for the reply.

The provisioning for VoLTE is solely done on devices in our inventory.

We are looking to increase the amount of VoLTE phones we support.

Kenjuta
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

Hey @FidoKenny

Is there a way to get my IMEI added to some list to get it provision?

I know Android device has a carrier provision service running so it can get provisioned remotely and doesn't need anything physically done on the device by carrier

Good question @Kenjuta Smiley 

Since your phone wasn't purchased from Fido, the IMEI is not in our data base. Adding it manually isn't something we can do at this time. 

Kenjuta
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

Hey @FidoSamantha

You said "at this time" does that mean this is something that can be done later?

I also don't see why you can't just auto provision every phone on the network that supports it. The phone already detect that it's on the Fido network so it updates and install the Fido version of the OS. Can't Fido on their end detect if the phone supports VoLTE and provision it?

Also, are you sure the phone isn't provisioned?

Like I see the Enhanced 4G LTE Mode checkbox enabled

If I go into the Phone info setting by typing *#*#4636#*#* into the dialer it shows VoLTE provisioned

just video calling and wifi calling isn't provisioned

IMS status shows IMS registration is not registered so VoLTE isn't available

this actually leads me to think the phone is provisioned but the Fido network is just denying access to VoLTE

Hey @Kenjuta

What Samantha meant was that it's possible in the future that the system will allow us to provision non-Fido devices for VoLTE. This isn't something we can confirm though. We're always looking to increase the amount of VoLTE phones we support. 

Kenjuta
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

Hey @FidoMegan

That actually makes it less clear. On this thread it said that April update adds support for VoLTE and should be available in May.

Rogers supports Pixel XL on their network now and Fido is on the same network right?

Rogers OS upgrade schedule showed a previous OS upgrade added VoLTE support to the phone

If VoLTE isn't supported on the device/network the option for Enhanced 4G LTE Mode will be hidden

This can be seen on my previous phone, Nexus 6P, where the option is hidden while on Fido network but when I'm on T-Mobile network the option is there

Hey @Kenjuta

I'll have to double check a few things on my end and I'll get back to you as soon as I have more info on this. 

Thanks !

siamak__
I'm a contributor level 2

@juju86 VoLTE will be included in their next update. I found about it in Rogers website:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/OSUpgrades/thread-id/1

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@juju86 At the moment there is no ETA if and when Fido supports VoLTE of the Pixel they will post on the website so just keep checking for updates.

siamak__

Now I have the 7.1.2 update, but VoLTE seems not working.

LTE drops to 3G when I am making a call.

In *#*#4636#*#* menu-->Phone information-->VoLTE provisioned is on by default, but IMS service status says IMS not registered and Voice over LTE is not available.

Hey @Siamak__ 

I'll send you a PM and we'll check it out. Smiley 

pixielark
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

@FidoMegan

I think I have the same issue, my VoLTE is not working, whenever I made a call my network fall back to HSPA

I think both WiFi calling and VoLTE is enabled after 7.1.2 update on Rogers network?

Hey @pixielark,

Welcome to our Community!

Let's take a closer look! I'll send you a PM shortly Smiley

Zehlek1
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

I am also having no VOLTE with my Pixel XL. It drops right to 3g/H when I make a call

KM69

I am also having the same issue

Hey @KM69 and thanks for reaching out.

So you are having issues accessing your VoLTE?

Are you getting any error message on your end?

KM69

Sent you a PM

All good @KM69Smiley

Sending you a PM now to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon !!

nimadude
I too am having difficulty using VoLTE. "IMS not registered and Voice over LTE is not available."