cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrating experience with data-top ups

Lkei
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have been out of town using gps etc so I have needed more data than my usual 10gb plan. So I topped up at 1.5gb to 11.5. I needed to use more data but the usual text message offering me to top up my data had not come till after it was used and thus I couldn't top it up further. Frustrated by this, I called Fido on Nov 28th explaining my situation. The representative confirmed to me that she could add another 1.5 gb ontop of my data. So at this point, I am thinking I have 13gb and continue to use my data as normal. Then I get another text saying I've gone over 50$ overage fees. So I call AGAIN on November 30th to confirm. AGAIN I WAS TOLD I WOULD HAVE 13 GB. So I continued to use then I got ANOTHER TEXT saying I had 150$ overage charges. This time the rep was much better and told me that there had been substandard notes left on the previous messages. There was nothing he  could do  so he  advised me to email for a transcript of my previous calls and do a data dispute. He wasn't sure what the exact process was. Then the email I was given privacy@rcy.rogers.com did not work. ugh. 

I don't mind paying for top-ups as long as they are available. I have trouble understanding why I would pay for overage charges when I SPECIFICALLY called in twice and was confirmed I would have 13 gb and thus continued to use.  The overage data will probably be over 200$ and it's probably not worth my time dealing with this company anymore. I rather just pay the fee and change carriers because I have lost all my faith in Fido. 

1 REPLY 1

FidoKenny

Hello @Lkei.

That's really not the experience that we want for any of our customers.

At the same time, we definitely don't want you to leave us. Let's take a look at your account to see what happened.

I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into. Talk to you soon.