cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud! I need help reporting this!

WendyWC
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

My parents were at woodside mall and went to the Fido stand to get some Chinese new year red pockets. They do this every year. However the rep had told my dad that he needs to give his ID, his personal information, the names of his dead parents and sign a paper. She explained that this is the procedure to prove that he’s picked up his red pockets. Well my dad being 85 years old and not knowing how to read English. He believed her and signed on the paper as she instructed. When my dad came home and told me this, I was worried that she had stolen his identity for fraudulent activities.
well, I just found an email sent to me that my dad has applied for a Rogers credit card. My dad had no idea and no intentions of applying for a credit card. What can I do? How can I report this? 

1 REPLY 1

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @WendyWC 

Welcome to the community!

From what you explained it seems your dad was tricked I to signing up for a credit card.

I would go to that location and speak to a manger and get their side of what happened, you can have them contact Rogers and have the application canceled then you can decide if you want to get the police involved.