Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced to pay for plan when I had not even received a SIM

Rushi_S
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I came back to Fido on a Winback offer. My previous billing cycle was resumed and I started getting charged for the plan from Mar. 19 even when I had not activated my service until Mar. 30. I am being forced to pay for the 11 days of service during which I did not even have a Fido SIM or activate my service which is quite unfair. Could someone please help me with this?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Rushi_S,

When it comes to post-paid plans because we are billed monthly the billing starts when you register for the plan even if you do not have the SIM card. In your case, because you came back to Fido they reactivated your account so you keep the same billing date. You will be billed from the day you reactivated the account.

Rushi_S

Hello @KAPABLE-K ,

11 days is more than 1/3rd of the month. I understand your point but still don't understand why we should be paying for 11 days of service which we did not even have. Is their no way to get a rebate for this period?

Hello again @Rushi_S,

I can definitely understand where you are coming from, but this is how it always has been.

Did it took 11 days for you to get the SIM or did you just not use it after you receive it?

If it took 11 days for you to receive the SIM card you can contact customer service and see if they are willing to do anything. 

It's not policy to credit back anything but it doesn't hurt to ask if they do it would be a goodwill gesture.

Rushi_S

Hello again @KAPABLE-K,

If I got the sim card but just did not use the service, that would be a different story. But, it took Fido 11 days to get me a sim card. I was still paying my previous cell provider for this period so it feels a bit unfair. Should I be calling in about this or would someone be able to help me on the forum?

Hey @Rushi_S,

You can call or you can send a private message to @FidoSolutions and a moderator here in the community can look at your account and can better advice you.