cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido won't allow me to pay my phone in full

MarS11
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am hoping to find a solution to poor customer service by Fido. On January 26, I contacted a representative and asked to pay the balance owing on the purchase of my phone for $450.00. I was told at that time that I had a balance owing for my monthly service of 3.00, which I also asked to pay.

I explained that I was looking for a cheaper monthly fee, because I was retired and on a fixed income.  

The next day (Jan 27), I received a bill for over $100.00 due on Feb 14. That was much more than I normally paid on my old plan, and far higher than what I was to pay on my new plan. When I called to ask about this, I was told not to worry... the "system" would correct itself. I was also informed that my plan with Fido was more expensive because i was no longer paying a monthly fee for the purchase of my phone. I was also told that my phone had not been paid, and there was less than $350.00 in my Fido account.

On Jan 28, I tried contacting Fido through their "Live Chat" service, in the hopes that I could get some answers. I waited over 7 hours without a response!! 

On Jan 29, I contacted a third representative at Fido. I explained that I was looking for a cheaper plan, but the representative had given me a more expensive plan. She said that if I had stayed on a "financing plan" with Fido, then my plan would have cheaper. I asked if we could "reverse" my request, and then I could go back to my old plan.

When she returned, she explained that my old plan was no longer available. But, Fido had new plans: along with my financing fee, I would be charged almost double the amount of the previous plan.

I requested to pay the phone in full. I was told that I am paid until Feb 23, and I should disregard the old bill due on Feb 14. Also, it will take a MONTH or TWO months for the "system" to recognize that I have paid my phone in FULL.

In short: I will still be paying a financing fee... or, at the very least, I will be paying much more than I had on my old plan.

All of this, because I made the mistake of calling Fido (a company that I have dealt with loyally for 10 years), and asked to pay my phone, and recieve for a cheaper plan to help lower my monthly cost!!

Now, I want to know:

When am I paid up to for my monthly service (is it Feb 14 OR feb 23), because I want to leave Fido before my due date.

AND...

Is this **bleep** phone paid for NOW, or do I have to wait a few months for Fido's "system"????

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello MarS11,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your situation. As Kapable-K notes below, this is the community forum and not intended as a venue for customer services. Unfortunately, we would not know the details of your situation and what was previously discussed.

That said, it should be able to make additional lump-sum payments towards your outstanding Payment Program balance (see here).

If you wish to further discuss the matter, you would need to contact customer service again. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @MarS11,

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having, if you paid the balance for the device your plan should have stayed, and didn't have to change it unless you got a cheaper plan.

Unfortunately, you will have to call customer service to find out if the device has been paid for as they are the only ones who have access to your account, this community forum is not a method of customer service it is meant for customers like myself to help each other. I would suggest you contact customer service this time choose the option to cancel and then explain the situation to that agent if you have to, ask to speak to a supervisor.