cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido signup offers not respected

fidoUserCan
I'm a participant level 2

I signed up for a new Fido account at the Fido booth at Pearson. The deal was $29 for 30GB and 1000 LD minutes and no activation fees, after 5$ of credit from automatic payments. 

After account registration, looks like there was only 20Gb of data and activation fee of 60$ was added. Waited almost 1 hour on phone to get data adjusted and was told LD minutes will be added. Looks like there was a 67$ of credit added so all good. But then I see there is a monthly charge of 3 months for 1000 LD minutes. 

Called again today, and I am on hold for almost 1 hour. I am being told they can't add the 1000LD minutes. Why? Also, why did the agent confirm this a day before again?

Is Fido always this disfunctional? Almost feels like a mistake to jump to Fido. 

2 REPLIES 2

fidoUserCan

Just got disconnected after 1 hour 30 minutes of my call. The agent mentioned she is new, and trying to reach out for help but can't get it. She said she tried transferring me to someone else, but can't do it. 

I should be angry. But I feel bad for her. What is wrong with Fido? Did you just find random people and put them on support for this week? And are you really saying you can't honour the contracts people signed over the black friday weekend? 

fidoUserCan

This got resolved. Apparently, Fido adds a monthly credit so this won't be charged. It just doesn't show up anywhere (even for the agents it seems).

Lesson learnt: Should have politely disconnected last night instead of waiting, and called a different customer agent. Or just called in the morning instead.