cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido is getting worse and worse

MICHAELQR
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Early last month, my son forgot to turn on Wifi when he was using iPad with data. Next day I got a message that my 4GB data is over by 299MB and I got $45+Tx charge. I found it's not fair and I called Fido. A lady answered me that the charge can be waived. I found the 2 hours phone call is worth it. Unfortunately, I got the charge at the end of March. I called again and seems that lady didn't do anything, not even a note in the system. Overall I spent almost 4 hours contacting Fido and got nothing. I can feel that everyone answered the phone only wanted to tell me that they don't care at all.

Staying with Fido for too long. Looking for a new place now.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello MICHAELQR,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've incurred data overage charges. However, why do you feel that you were unfairly charged? You noted that your son used the data.

If you are concerned you were not notified of the usage, I believe that with the older tablet plans, customers would only be notified once $50 in data overage fees had accumulated (see here). That said, most tablets do not have text messaging apps included to receive those notifications. However, since your overage fees did not reach that threshold, you would not have received notification of overage usage. It has always been the customers' responsibility to monitor their device's usage -- even if someone else may have been using the device.

I understand you are upset with Fido regarding this matter and are considering other providers. However, all providers would treat the situation the same. The additional data was used and therefore incur additional charges.

You should note the forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We would not have access to customers' accounts nor be in any position to assist with your matter. I understand you have already spoken with the, however, if you want address your issue, you would need to contact customer service again. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers