cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido icon

Ty17
I'm a participant level 1

My Fido Icon is a rainbow. Pride month is long over. I would appreciate if this could go ASAP. Remember Fido not everyone celebrates the same Holiday's. This Rainbow Icon has to GO!

16 REPLIES 16

oddshow69

I just started looking for another service provider for this reason. 

Kmartyn

Is Fido trying to have a BUD Light effect here.  I like most people, am very accepting of gay people, and have benefited by knowing gay friends and family.  However if you push things beyond a reasonable level, you will get pushback, and that's what is happening here. Fortunately homosexuals are now accepted by most as individuals with the same rights as anyone else. However once the alphabet group got to T, some things changed, with extremests trying to redefine the rest of us, based on their minority views. Many in the gay community are upset too. They want just to be accepted, not labeled, promoted, and tied to politics they don't belive in.  As a result, you have things popping up like a significant queer group, "gays against groomers", you have feminists being labeled with derogatory terms like TERF. There are now many groups that have big concerns about some transgender politics. Fido should have no role in promoting this divisiveness.
I am a Liberal, I would not like a logo promoting the Conservative Party , downloaded and displayed  my devices without my consent, by a company I do business with. I am also an atheist, I would not like the holy cross either. 

Fido, fix the logo. 

liquidpill

I also find the change in the fido icon annoying because I keep forgetting that the icon is a rainbow. Instead of the icon underneath saying fido it just says my account. I have no problems with rainbows and whatever but yes it is annoying to have it on your phone. If you want people to respect a movement it probably helps not to shove their agenda in your customers faces. A little respect on both sides would be great and it would be additionally great if we had the option to change the icon back to what we're used to. As well as instead of the words My Account the title of the icon should be FIdo in case of an app search.

Kevs416

Logo is supposed to go back to yellow at the end of August. I agree, and think it's too long to have the rainbow colour logo. Unfortunately there isn't a way you could choose how it appears on your personal device, although that would be nice. 

Hi Ty17, sorry the rainbow colours upset you. The colours, I think are quite attractive and they are only on the app for a short time. I believe most companies are extending the timeframe for Pride colours as there are still some provinces celebrating and having events. I may be incorrect on this, but they will be changed back to the regular corporate colours before you know it. Not everyone celebrates everything,  but most everyone respects the differences in our world and appreciate the freedoms. Have a nice day and hope you're enjoying your summer so far.Cheers

Joejoemomma
I'm a participant level 2

I'm responding because you appear to be a fido employee. Read this slowly. I will not continue my services as long as you have a political flag on your icon or your website. I do not care what month it is. I pay for a service and do not want to see anything resembling a political or religious flag.

SeanCalgary
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Except that you don't respect the differences in those of us that don't want this on our device. If you actually respected "choice", there would be an option. 

@SeanCalgary @Kevs416 , what a wonderfully privileged world we live in when the worst part our day is a rainbow 🌈 colored logo. I don't understand how this harms you personally. It's summer time and the living is easy. The long dog days of summer are here and we can be outdoors again. I'm sorry to hear that this causes you stress. Imagine the stress of a young girl or boy being stalked and battered because of who they are. Pride month gives people hope that we are all worthy of respect and safety. You don't have to like rainbows but hopefully you like the idea of all people being able to walk in safety. You can always delete the app if it harms your senses. Be well and enjoy your safety. Peace ✌️ :peace_symbol: 🕊 

Joejoemomma

DO NOT BRING CHILDREN INTO YOUR **bleep**. You are pushing your beliefs on other people. I will not support this company if you are the kind of person they employ. Also a rainbow is a rainbow, it's not a swastika

Carnegie

"You are pushing your beliefs on other people."

Irony, thy name is. Who is pushing beliefs on people by not letting paid customers opt out of Greatest Sin Month?

@Original_Lucy I do agree that we live in a privileged world, I stay away from these posts because there can be no winners only losers as these issues only create division and not unity.

You said you don't understand how this brings harm to the mentioned users but on the other side of the coin, one can ask how does it bring safety?

I understand companies follow and believe they are showing inclusiveness but on the other hand, they are also excluding others. 

In my humble opinion, I do not think we need to look for or have multiple symbols, flags, or colors to show safety, equality, or inclusiveness as we already have that and it is

Flag_of_Canada.png

I agree that we should all feel safe, accepted and included in our great country called Canada 🇨🇦. I feel I won the lottery being born here. Coming from a place of being beat up, denied rental accommodation and fired from jobs, to name a few, I think it's important that marginalized people know that there's others out there and not everyone hates us. It's been a long, hard fought battle to be included and it's worth it to me to have a celebration. 

Joejoemomma

I was born in Canada and i have been beat up, denied rental accommodation and fired from jobs. Your arguement is flawed at best

Carnegie

We don't care about your emotional appeal. It's not based in anything and we're done being told we need to affirm your mental illness. 

"Imagine the stress of a young girl or boy being stalked and battered because of who they are."

Police reports or it didn't happen. Besides, trying not taking part in Greatest Sin Month and the bullying of those who claim "Pride". If you have to tell me how proud you are, you aren't.

Enjoy your freedom of choice 

Pawel1986

Not everyone supports pride especially certain religions. I certainly don't appreciate this on my phone I will be cancelling my services with fido. I