cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido charging text and talk on data only plan

Vickie1
I'm a participant level 3

I have a data sim from fido. They charged me text and talk on the last bill. I checked my phone, I did not have any record of the text nor the talk the bill indicated.

The charge is less than $10. If I call customer services, they will charge me $10 so it is not worth calling. How can I have it fix without getting the service charge?

Am I forced to pay even I did not use it? If not the interest will cumulate.

6 REPLIES 6

ZKL
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I got the same issue. 1 min phone call and a text sent from a data sim. Could you please also message me? Thanks  @FidoPhilippe 

Hello @XKL

There's a PM coming your way.

Talk to you soon.

raldine
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

It sucks for Fido to charge $10 for calling customer service. Worst to pay for customer service of your own phone provider.

FidoPhilippe

Hey @Vickie1! Thanks for posting. Smiley

Just to clarify, you're only charged a fee if we perform specific transactions for you, this not being one of them. You can find the details about when and in what circumstances we charge here.

As for the charges on your bill, we would have to take a closer look to confirm those. You can contact us here for that or we can send you a PM, if you want to continue through the community.

I hope that helps!

Vickie1

Hi @FidoPhilippe ! Thanks for your reply. 

If possible could we continue through the community and could you please help me follow up with my case?

At the meantime, since my bill is due, should I paid in full first?

Sure thing @Vickie1!

I'll send you a PM shortly. Smiley