cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido back door tactics not on!

Trevgill1
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

So I recently put a call through to query long distant charges on my September bill long story short that got sorted to my satisfaction.  Then the conversation changed to my 2 year contact was coming to an end in November this year and I asked the gentleman if there any good deals to renew the contract and he said are you looking to update your current phone  also, which by the way is an iPhone 11 and told him I wasn't interested in a new phone but I would consider a lightly used iPhone 13 plus if the price was good. I was put on hold for around 10 mins and he came back with what he said was a fantastic deal on the iPhone 13plus  with 256 g at just $4.28 per month and a new contact at $55 per month for 110gigs.

My answer was that I would consider this but I would not be ordering anything until I see this confirmed in writing before I decide,he then put me on hold again for around 15 mins then came back and said he couldn't put this offer in writing and that I should visit a local Fido store and let them deal with it.

I no sooner put the phone down and email popped up telling me of account change confirmation that cancelled my existing account and replacing with a new plan at $55 for 110gigs month to month and IPhone 13 plus at S29 per month.

I  rang backback and told a different agent that I did not authorize this and told him I want my existing plan re-enstating a nd I do not want the iPhone 13 plus to which he replied it's already been despatched he ended up saying I would get notification the next day cancelling the account change, when the email arrived it was just another confirmation of the "back door" order.

I have been a Fido customer for over 15 years and have never experienced anything like this and I  certainly hope this agent gets seriously reprimanded! Sorry but since this takeover Fido ain't Fido anymore.

Anyone else in the community experienced this?

1 REPLY 1

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Trevgill1,

Sorry to hear about your situation and I hope it gets fixed and you can put this in the rearview.