Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Text - Legit???

Soos
I'm a participant level 2

Hi!

I was in the USA March 3-12th. I received a text from Fido on March 4th (it literally says Fido) and I do not see a number attached. 

This is what it says:

Fido svc msg: Hi it's Fido with an exclusive gift for you! It's our way of saying thank you for being such a loyal customer! From March 6-31st use Fido Roam and get the first day at no charge (you will receive a bill credit). Safe travels!

So clearly I believed that they would issue me a bill credit for one day of roaming.

Upon coming home, I noticed that I am being billed roaming charges of $12 for March 4th (when this message came in) and now Fido customer service is saying that they did not send me this message. How is this happening?

I am a new Fido customer (since December 2022) and I have had nothing but billing issues from them. Customer service is no help and I'm being dinged $24 on my bill (as I thought one of my days would be covered under a $12 credit) and one for supposedly checking this message? I didn't open anything up and was on airplane mode other than Hotel WIFI this day. Does anyone know where I can submit a further complaint? They do not escalate to supervisors or managers on chat. Do I go through the CRTC?

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Soos,

Welcome to the community!

The offer is from March 6-31 if you only use your phone in the states on March 4th then you would not qualify for the offer as it started on the 6th.

Soos

Thanks for the reply. 

To clarify - I am getting charged for 4 days of roaming: March 4th, March 8th, 10th and 11th. I used my phone on March 10th and 11th knowing full well I will be charged data roaming. When I called customer service they said there is no offer for the reverse charges, but it seems as you say available on March 6-31st so I should be getting this offer.

Going back to the charges for March 4th and 8th. I absolutely 100% did not use my roaming. When I checked my bill I was charged based on the following data usage: 0.01MB for March 4th and 0.02 for March 8th.

I have been hearing about data leaking - and feel that I am being dinged when I absoutely did not use data. I have turned my data off and only connected to hotel WIFI on those days.  Fido Customer Service keeps saying that I used data - but there is no way that I did. 

So I should be technically paying for two days with one bill credit and getting March 4th and 8th reversed. Can anyone let me know what next steps are?  Thank you

Soos

I want to clarify - I was a Rogers customer for nearly 20 years + before switching to Fido.  From what I'm reading, there are many spam texts from being a Fido customer. I am seeing this on my own phone now. If I get a text saying I'm getting a bill credit, they should honor this bill credit no?