cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Payment Plan + Contract?

elainee430
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am financing my phone through the Fido Device Payment plan and I was wondering if I pay off the total balance, will I still be locked in a contract? I've been with Fido for more than 15 years and obviously after yesterday's fiasco, I am thinking of switching to Telus. I've always bought my phone outright via Apple Store but last year, I decided to finance my new phone since I figured I wouldn't switch providers. 

I've been trying to get on with Live Chat, but there are no operators at the moment, so I'd appreciate some insight 😊 thank you!

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Elainee430,

Welcome to the community!

If you fully pay-off your phone balance, you will no longer be under contract (see here). The contract is solely for financing the device.

I can understand how the unexpected outage was a frustrating experience. However, you should note that no provider is immune to possible service outages. Bell and Telus had their own massive outage back in August 2020. Sure, that outage might not have been as extensive or as long-lasting. However, it illustrates that unexpected outages can happen with any service provider.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers