cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Network not found

Sherry508
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, I have a problem with the Fido Network.

When I'm driving using the google maps navigation on my phone, it always suddenly disconnects the network with showing no service on the left top. So it always causes me trouble that the navigation could not be updated in times because the network was not found when I'm driving. And every time I meet this situation, the only way I can do to fix it back to normal network use is to restart my phone. But after that, I still have no idea when the network would disconnect again. It really annoys me, especially when I have to travel to a new place relying on GPS.

And what's weird is that this issue only happens when I use google maps to navigate my trip.

So I'm wondering what's the problem causing this? Is something wrong on the device itself, the map app itself, the problem of sim card or the Fido network?

Pls give some advice on how to address it if anyone here ever come across the same problem before or know sth about this issue. Thanks a lot.

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Sherry508,

The fact that it only happens when using Google maps would make me think the problem is being caused by the app.

Trying clearing the Google maps app cache and see if the problem goes away. 

Sherry508

@KAPABLE-K thank you so much for your reply.

I actually did try on that way, sadly it didn't work. I even deleted the app and redownload it, the out of service still reoccurs when i was using my phone's navigation while driving. So, now i'm sure it is not the problem of the app itself.

Still expecting helpful suggestions if someone here ever meets this issue.

Any reply would be appreciated.

Hey @Sherry508,

It is a bit odd that this only happens when you use the Google Maps app. I would suggest trying a different SIM card in your phone and test it with the app to see if the same thing happens. 

Also, what phone model are you using and is your OS up to date?